8 Tips To Grow Your Email List
Have you ever been ready to send out that great email newsletter, you have all the copy that delivers an important message, an appealing headline and captivating subject line, and you even included photography. Except, once you delve into your contact database, you find that you only have three viable email addresses to send your email to. This is the moment when you realize that if you don’t grow your email list, your message isn’t getting out and your business can not continue to grow.
If your database is minimal, getting your company’s message out through email marketing will be challenging. This is why growing your email list is vital. Once you follow these eight simple tips and begin to develop many new contacts, you should not stop updating your email list. Continue to utilize these tips to grow your email list and improve your email marketing strategy.
- Use an email tracker like Mailchimp, Yesware, or Mailtrack. Doing so will allow you to see your user engagement and the overall impact of your emails. This information can help you determine who to send future communications to, and further analysis of the data might show you the best times and days to send out email communication.
- Encourage your subscribers to share and forward your emails. Social media is an important piece of marketing and can get you more subscribers, so add social sharing buttons in your emails or an “email to a friend” call-to-action (CTA) button.
- When your email is getting shared through social media and forwarded to friends of subscribers, it’s important to make sure that they show their interest. Be sure to include a subscribe CTA at either the top or the bottom of your email so these new readers can subscribe for future communication.
- If you have an old contact list that you haven’t interacted with recently, send them a few emails within a month. Track to see if they have opened the emails, and if some of them do not open them then you should delete those contacts. That way you will be improving your delivery rate, and you will increase the chances that your content will be shared.
- Give away free material, a technique known as “lead marketing,” on your website or on social media. Create valuable materials and require visitors to provide their emails to download them. These materials can be an e-book, whitepapers, cheat-sheets, checklists, a PDF of your article, a list of tools and resources, an infographic, or a template.
- If you have a blog newsletter or new post email alerts, include a CTA with a link for visitors to subscribe on the actual content on your website. Include this CTA at the author’s byline, or at the end of the blog article.
- Display a scroll-triggered box in the corner of your blog, one that scrolls down as people read your content. Use this space to include a CTA for visitors to subscribe to your emails.
- Show an exit pop-up. Pop-ups aren’t our ideal solution, but when used properly and they are less intrusive to the user, they can be effective. The pop-up will appear when your visitor is about to leave your page after spending time on your website. This is the perfect time to collect an email address as you have already provided value to your visitor during their site session.
These tips can help you grow your email list and inevitably, continue to grow your business. Keep getting your content out there! If you have any further questions, you can learn more about Electric Enjin’s content creation services.